LISTS OF PUBLICATIONS OF THE FACULTIES OF THE MICROBIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Group Leader: Dr. Suvamoy Datta
Professor & Head
Molecular Pathogenesis and Multi-Drug Resistance (MDR):
Group Leader: Dr. Suvamoy Datta
Professor & Head
Post doctorate in Tumor Suppression & Cancer treatment (Biotechnology) from the University of Minnesota, USA
PhD in Bacterial Genetics from University of Tokyo, Japan
Peer reviewed publications:
- (1) Md. Asaduzzaman Shishir, Md. Al Mamun, N J Akter, Suvamoy Datta, and Md. Ehsanul Kabir “Prevalence of Vibrio cholerae in Coastal Alternative Supplies of Drinking Water and Association with Bacillus-Like Spore Formers” Frontiers in Public Health, Switzerland, 2018, Volume 6, p 50
- (2) Rokaia Sultana, Palash Chandra Sarkar, Jakia Khan and Suvamoy Datta “Prevalence of Multi-drug Resistance Pattern of Escherichia coli in Different Age and Gender of Urinary Tract Infected Patients” Microbiology Research Journal International, UK, 2018, Volume 24, Issue 2, p 1-10
- (3) Muhammad Ekhlas Uddin, Tanzina Akter, Safirun Pervin, Bishajit Debnath and Suvamoy Datta “Microbial Safety of Street Vended Fruit Juices in Dhaka City of Bangladesh” Journal of Advances in Microbiology, India, 2017, Volume 3, Issue 2, p 1-7
- (4) Tanzina Akter, Mohammad Jakir Hossain , Md Sumon Khan , Kaniz Fatema and Suvamoy Datta “Prevalence and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Pattern of Salmonella spp. Isolated from Clinical Samples of Bangladesh” American Journal of Pharmacy & Health Research, USA, 2016, Volume 4, Issue 3, p 102-111
- (5) Taslim Tamanna, Mahmud Asif, Alam M. Jahangir and Datta Suvamoy* “Uropathogenic Analysis and Commonly Used Drug Sensitivity Patterns of the Pathogens in Dhaka City, Bangladesh” British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research,UK , 2016, Volume 11, Issue 1, p 1-8
- (6) Tanzina Akter, Mohammad Jakir Hossain , Md Sumon Khan , Kaniz Fatema and Suvamoy Datta “Isolation, identification and antimicrobial susceptibility pattern analysis of Escherichia coli isolated from clinical samples of Bangladesh” Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, India, 2016, Vol.6 (54), p13-16.
- (7) Safirun Pervin, Shakila Sultana, Asif Hayat Zilani and Suvamoy Datta “Microbiological And Antibiotic Resistance Pattern Analysis Of Wash Water From Tea Vendors Of Urban Areas In Bangladesh” International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research, India, 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 12, p203-207
- (8) Sazin Islam, Sharmin Akter, Md. Mohbub Alam, Md. Mizanur Rahman and Suvamoy Datta “Effect of Chitosan on Physical status of Mammals and in vivo Antimicrobial Effect on Pathogenic Bacteria” Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, India, 2016, Vol.11, Issue 1, p50-55
- (9) Tahmina Aktar, Syeda Tasneem Towhid , K M Shahidul Islam, and Suvamoy Datta* “Bacterial Skin and Soft Tissue Infection in Dhaka, Bangladesh” Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, IOSR, 2015,Volume 10, Issue 2, p 20-26
- (10) Selina Akter, Amir Hossain, Tazeena H. Islam, Nikhat Ara, and Suvamoy Datta* “ Etiology of urinary tract infection in obstetric patients attended an urban hospital in Dhaka, Bangladesh” Annals of Biological Research, USA 2014, Vol. 5 (1), p 1-8
- (11) Hafsa Afroz, Md. Azhar Ali, Md. Fakruddin, Kamrunnahar and Suvamoy Datta “Pevalence and treatment follow-up of drug-resistant extra-pulmonary tuberculosis in rural communities in Narshingdi, Bangladesh” International J. of Advances in Medicine, India, 2014, Vol. 1(2), p 71-77
- (12) Fouzia Sultana, Kamrunnahar, Hafsa Afroz, Afroz Jahan, Md. Fakruddin and Suvamoy Datta “Multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria in frozen food (ready to cook food) of animal origin sold in Dhaka, Bangladesh” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, Elsevier B.V., Netherlands 2014, Vol. 4(1), p268-271
- (13) Dilip Kumar, Selina Akter, Nikhat Ara and Suvamoy Datta* “Prevalence of urinary tract infection by multidrug resistant bacteria with special interest in extended spectrum beta lactamase producer in an urban hospital of Dhaka” International Journal of Biosciences, 2014, Vol. 5, Issue 11 p. 15-21
- (14) Hafsa Afroz, Manjur Hossain, Afzal Hossain, Zahed U M Khan, Suvamoy Datta* “Prevalence and Antibiotic Susceptibility Patterns of Bloodstream Salmonella Infections in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Dhaka” Journal of Medical Sciences, USA 2013, Vol.13, Issue 5, p 360-366.
- (15) Kaniz Fatema, Mustafizur Rahman and Suvamoy Datta*, “Comparative analysis of multi-drug resistance pattern of Salmonella spp Isolated from chicken feces and poultry meat in Dhaka city of Bangladesh” Journal of pharmacy and biological sciences, 2013, Vol. 9, Issue 2, p147-154
- (16) Hafsa Afroz, Fouzia Sultana and Suvamoy Datta*, “Isolation of Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus from full cream powder milk Sold under Market Conditions at Dhaka, Bangladesh and their antibiotic susceptibility” Journal of Advanced Scientific Research, 2013, Volume: 4, Issue: 3, Page: 27-31
- (17) Suvamoy Datta*, Kazi Sabrina Afreen, Md. Abbas Uddin and Amrita Bandyopadhyay, “Assessment of antimicrobial effectiveness of natural dyed fabrics” Bangladesh J. of Sci. and Ind. Res., 2013, Vol. 48(3), p179-184
- (18) Hafsa Afroz, Manjur Hossain and Suvamoy Datta* “A Retrospective Study on Seroprevalence of Hepatitis B Virus Surface Antigen (HbsAg) among Healthy Individuals Attending a Tertiary Care Clinic in Dhaka, Bangladesh” International Journal of Biomedical Research, 2013, Volume: 4, No.: 6
- (19) Hafsa Afroz, Azhar Ali, Md. Fakruddin, Kamrunnahar, Suvamoy Datta “Prevalence of Multi- Drug Resistant (MDR) pulmonary tuberculosis in a tertiary care hospital of Narsingdi, Bangladesh” International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research, 2013, Vol. 4, Issue 2, p 98-104.
- (20) Md. Afzal Hossain, Hafsa Afroz, Abdur Rahim Khan, Zahed U M Khan, and Suvamoy Datta* “Comparative analysis of multi-drug resistance patterns in Staphylococcus aureus isolated from skin of various professional groups” Journal of current research in science, USA 2013, Volume 1, No. 6, p 489-494.
- (21) Hafsa Afroz, G. M. Raisul Alam, Md. Hafizur Rahman, Zahed UM Khan, Suvamoy Datta “Evaluation of Iodine-Glycerol for Wet-Mount preparation of feces for detection of intestinal parasites ” International Journal of Biological & Medical Research, 2013, Vol.4, Issue 4, p3615-3618
- (22) Suvamoy Datta*, Imam Gazzaly Shah, Asma Akter, Kaniz Fatema, Tazeena H. Islam, Amrita Bandyopadhyay, Zaheed UM Khan “Microbiological Quality Assessment of Raw Meat and Meat Products, and Antibiotic Susceptibility of Isolated Staphylococcus aureus” Journal of Agriculture, Food and Analytical Bacteriology, USA, 2012, Vol. 2, Issue 3, p187-194
- (23) Tazeena H. Islam, Abul Hayat Bin Azad, Selina Akter, Suvamoy Datta* “Antimicrobial Activity of Medicinal Plants on Streptococcus mutans, a Causing Agent of Dental Caries. International Journal of Scientific Research, 2012, Vol. 2, Issue 10
- (24) Hafsa Afroz, Azhar Ali, Selina Akter, Zahed UM Khan, Suvamoy Datta* “Occurrence and prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis in rural communities in Narsingdi, Bangladesh” (Journal of Dental & Medical Sciences, IOSR, 2012, Vol. 2, Issue 6)
- (25) Shishir K. Pramanik, Md. Abdullah-Al-Shoeb, Suvamoy Datta, Md. Abbas Uddin. “ Natural adsorbents for dye effluent of high strength COD and their microbiological anlysis” Chemistry Journal, UK, 2011, Volume 1, p29-35 .
- (26) Md. Abbas Uddin, Zakaria Ahmed ,and Suvamoy Datta* “Microbiological analysis of medical textiles and effectiveness of antimicrobial finished fabrics” Journal of Primeasia University Studies, 2011, Volume 1, No.1, p1-4
- (27) Md. Abbas Uddin, Amrita Bandyopadhyay , and Suvamoy Datta* “Microbiological and Chemical Standardization of water treatment plant” Journal of Primeasia University Studies, 2011, Volume 1, No.1, p 35-42
- (28) Md. Abbas Uddin, Amrita Bandyopadhyay, and Suvamoy Datta* “Microbiological and Chemical analysis of treated water from different textile zones around Dhaka city, Bangladesh” Journal of Primeasia University Studies, 2011, Volume 1, No.1, p 5-10
- (29) Suvamoy Datta* and Kikuji Itoh “Molecular pathogenesis of Campylobacter jejuni a foodborne child pathogen in Bangladesh” Journal of Primeasia University Studies, 2011, Volume 1, p 53-58
- (30) Hwan Ki Park, Hong Wang, Jun Zhang, Suvamoy Datta, and Peiwen Fei “Convergence of Rad6/Rad18 and Fanconi Anemia Tumor Suppressor Pathways upon DNA Damage” PLoS one, USA, 2010, 5(10), e13313
- (31) Tashfina Mirza, Suvamoy Datta*, Zakaria Ahmed and Shantanu Biswas. “Comparative analysis of multi-drug resistance patterns in Staphylococcus aureus isolated from various sources in Dhaka city” Journal of Pure & Applied Microbiology, 2010, Volume 4, No. 2, p 483-486
- (32) Suvamoy Datta*, Md. Abbas Uddin and Amrita Bandyopadhyay, “Efficacy of antimicrobial finish on cotton fabrics” Journal of Pure & Applied Microbiology, 2010, Volume 4, No. 2, p 513-516
- (33) Suvamoy Datta*, Sourav M. Rashid, Zahed U.M. Khan, Abdus Sabur Khan, M. Kamruzzaman and Debdus Kundu “Microbiological analysis and antimicrobial effectiveness of chitosan extracted from shrimp shell collected from khulna bangladesh” (Published as Proceedings at 11th International congress on chitosan- Taipei, Taiwan, 2009)
- (34) Suvamoy Datta, Hidekazu Niwa and Kikuji Itoh. “Variation of pathogenic genes retained in Campylobacter jejuni isolated from chickens in a poultry farm depended on age” Journal of Veterinary Medical Science, Japan. 2009; 71 (9), 1247-1249
- (35) Suvamoy Datta, Hidekazu Niwa and Kikuji Itoh. “Prevalence of 11 pathogenic genes of Campylobacter jejuni strains isolated from humans, poultry meat,broiler and bovine feces by PCR” Journal of Medical Microbiology, London, UK . 2006; 52, 345-348 * Corresponding author
Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology:
Group Leader: Dr. Dayanidhi Sarker
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Purdue University, USA
PhD from, Kyushu Institute of Technology
- 1. Dayanidhi Sarkar & Kazuyuki Shimizu (2015). An overview on biofuel and biochemical production by photosynthetic microorganisms with understanding of the metabolism and by metabolic engineering together with efficient cultivation and downstream processing. Bioresources and Bioprocessing, 2(1), 1-19.
- 2. Raihanul Islam, Suvamoy Datta, Dayanidhi Sarkar. (2014) In vitro detection of uropathogenic bacteria from UTI infected patients and their suitable drug selection. International journal of trends and technology, 6; 1:11-27.
- 3. Md. Mehedi Hasan Magnet, Dayanidhi Sarkar, Zakaria Ahmed. (2013) Isolation And Identification Of Bacteria And Fungi From Soil Samples Of Different Industry Side In Dhaka City, Bangladesh. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, Vol 2, Issue 8, Aug. 2013, Page 338-339
- 4. Ruilian Yao,Yuki Hirose, Dayanidhi Sarkar, Kenji Nakahigashi, Qin Ye, Kazuyuki Shimizu. (2011) Catabolic regulation analysis of Escherichia coli and its crp, mlc, mgsA, pgi and ptsG mutants. Microbial Cell Factories, 11; 10:67
- 5. Dayanidhi Sarkar, Masahiro Yabusaki, Yuta Hasebe, Pei Yee Ho, Shuji Kohmoto, Takayuki Kaga, and Kazuyuki Shimizu. (2010) Fermentation and metabolic characteristics of Gluconacetobacter oboediens for different carbon sources. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 27; 87(1):127-36
- 6. Dayanidhi Sarkar, Khandaker Al Zaid Siddiquee, Marcos J. Araúzo-Bravo, Takahiro Oba and Kazuyuki Shimizu. (2008) Effect of cra gene knockout together with edd and iclR genes knockout on the metabolism in Escherichia coli. Archives of Microbiology, 190(5), 559-571
- 7. Dayanidhi Sarkar and Kazuyuki Shimizu. (2008) Effect of cra gene knockout together with other genes knockouts on the improvement of substrate consumption rate in Escherichia coli under microaerobic condition. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 42(3), 224-228
- 8. Dayanidhi Sarkar, Khandaker Al Zaid Siddiquee, Marcos J. Araúzo-Bravo, Takahiro Oba and Kazuyuki Shimizu. (2008) Effect of cra gene knockout together with edd and iclR genes knockout on the metabolism in Escherichia coli. Archives of Microbiology, 190(5), 559-571
- 9. Dayanidhi Sarkar and Kazuyuki Shimizu. (2008) Effect of cra gene knockout together with other genes knockouts on the improvement of substrate consumption rate in Escherichia coli under microaerobic condition. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 42(3), 224-228